Datawarehousing Training Prerequisites
Indepth knowledge of Database Management and SQL Server 2000.
Datawarehousing Training Course duration
Datawarehousing Training Objectives
To make the participants proficient in MSOLAP and MDX
Datawarehousing Training Course outline
- Star viersus Snow
- Shared or Provate
- Changing Dimension
- Virtual Dimension
- Parent Child Dimension
- Can parent child also be changing?
- Dimension Hierarchies
- Multiple Hierarchies for single dimension
- Dimension Levels and Members
- Member Keys
- Member Properties
- Linked Cubes
- Virtual Cubes
- Distributed Partition Cubes
- Real Time Cubes
- CACHING and Cubes
- Cube Partitioning and Record size impact on performance of cubes
- Partition Organization
- Partition Processing
- Write Back function
- Distinct Counts
- Calculated Cells
- Named Sets
- Overview and Concepts of MDX
- Comparison of SQL syntax with MDX syntax
- Different FUNCTIONS in MDX like EmptyCrossJoin, RollupChildren etc.
- Axis and Slicer Dimensions and their use within an MDX query with SELECT and
- Establishing Cube context – purpose of FROM clause
- Creating and using Named sets, Calculated Cells, Calculated Members, Dimension
Levels, Members and Cell properties
- CACHE building in MDX queries
- Pass Order and Solve Order
- What is WRITE BACK?
- WHERE clause overrides
- Comments in MDX queries
- What are external function libraries? How can we create our own function libraries?
How to use Excel and VB libraries in MDX.